Middle East Real Estate Forum – Dubai
DAY 2: REDEFINING THE GLOBAL CITY
Today the Middle East Real Estate Forum hosts its UK and UAE delegation with a full conference programme chaired and moderated by EG editor Damian Wild at the Armani Hotel, Burj Khalifa, Dubai.
Expo 2020 chief operating officer Simon Clegg will give the keynote presentation ahead of the 13th World Expo to be hosted in Dubai for the first time. The six-month showcase is expected to attract 25 million visitors from 180 countries under the headline theme: Connecting Minds, Creating the Future.
This will be followed by a series of panel discussions with UK government representatives and leading names in real estate from the UAE and the UK:
Growth innovation investment
- Steve Morgan - senior partner, Cluttons
- HE Marwan bin Jassim Al Sarkal - CEO, Sharjah Investment and Development Authority (Shurooq)
- Abdur Rahim Ghulam Nabi - senior advisor, finance and commercial division, Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZA)
- Mark Moody - regional sales director, Al Marjan Island
- Rob Jackson - director, RICS Middle East & North Africa
- Magali Mouquet - CEO / Executive Director, Equitativa / Emirates REIT CEIC
The power and potential of world-class aviation
- Peter Morris - chief economist, Flight Ascend Consultancy
- Dorian Reece - head of aviation - Middle East, Deloitte
- Christopher Bradley - country chairman, Chevron, UAE
Dubai: A place for everyone
- Sanjay Manchanda - chief executive officer, Nakheel
- Sir Edward Lister - UK Government adviser/chairman (Former Deputy Mayor of London), Homes & Communities Agency
- Maysa Sabah - managing director, MENA Region, Affordable Housing Institute
- Neil Walmsley - director, Middle East Planning Leader, Arup
- Richard Paul - director – residential valuations, Cluttons
- Hazel Shakur Quinn - legal director – real estate, Berwin Leighton Paisner
Cluttons head of research Faisal Durrani will present on the Dubai property market: 2020 and beyond and the programme will conclude with Dr Tommy Weir, renowned adviser and author discussing Leadership Dubai Style.