Middle East Real Estate Forum – Abu Dhabi
DAY 1: BUILDING A POWERHOUSE
The Middle East Real Estate Forum begins in Abu Dhabi today, Tuesday 25 April, at Jumeirah, Etihad Towers.
The programme for the UK and UAE delegation will start with a keynote presentation from Philip Parham, British Ambassador to the UAE on Global Britain and the Gulf. This will be followed by a presentation on the London property market by Cluttons head of research Faisal Durrani.
A panel of UK government representatives and some of the biggest names in UK real estate, will then discuss schemes in some of the fastest-growing cities and regions of the UK that are ripe for investment.
The panel, chaired by EG editor Damian Wild, will include:
- Sir Edward Lister - Special Adviser to the UK DiT / Chairman, Homes & Communities Agency / former Deputy Mayor of London
- Pete Gladwell - head of public sector partnerships, Legal & General Investment Management – Real Assets
- Jackie Sadek - chief executive, UK Regeneration/Chairwoman, Northern Gateway Development Zone - Cheshire
- Steve Morgan - senior partner, Cluttons
- Simon Marshall - joint chief executive, Scarborough International Properties
A networking lunch will be followed by a presentation on Abu Dhabi in the region before the delegation return to Dubai.