An excellent opportunity has arisen for a talented and driven individual to join a growing and ambitious business as a Block Property Manager in our London office. Working in our Block Management team, you will undertake the day to day management of designated client’s properties, providing a first rate management service that meets all legislative and statutory controls, best practice guidance issued by the RICS and ARMA and those of the business.
- Liaison with tenants, clients and landlords – investigating and ensuring prompt and effective responses are provided
- Preparation of annual budgets of anticipated expenditure for each property in accordance with service charge procedures and regulations
- Consult in respect of the budget of expenditure, ensuring clear explanatory notes are prepared and provided to interested parties
- Approve and sign all letters in relation to the annual budget of service charge expenditure and the reporting of the final accounts.
- Monitor, control and review the monthly and quarterly expenditure against the budget.
- Liaise with Client Accounts on service charge income and expenditure.
- Assist with the planning and management of all maintenance and repair work and monitoring and control all regular maintenance contracts
- Authorise all invoices received for payment being satisfied that the works or supply represented by the invoice has been properly incurred and satisfactorily completed or delivered.
- To ensure that all insurance claims are properly made, estimates obtained for work and to monitor the processing of such claims through the underwriters
- To assist the Head of Block Management in all set up matters of new instructions and act as a day to day contact for new owners
- Update and maintain all systems, electronic and paper-based.
- Arrange and attend client meetings as and when requested.
- IRPM (Institute of Residential Property Managers) member
- IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health), or working towards
Essential skills and experience
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of block property management
- Good knowledge of the latest property management Health and Safety requirements
- Prior experience of preparing and managing service charge budgets
- Experience of managing contractors, maintenance / repair works
- Experience of dealing with residents associations and representing managing agents at AGMs.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to successfully manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Proven ability to communicate with confidence at all levels and strong relationship building skills
- Holidays: 25
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flu and Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
Plus Flexible benefits as below
- Policy that allows you to pick and choose additional benefits including purchasing 5 days additional holiday
- Discounted Gym membership
- Dental Insurance
- Travel Insurance