Cluttons is a company with a difference, working on a solid foundation of mutual trust, we are commercially focussed, and business orientated.
We employ over 230 staff in the UK with a fast-growing presence, serving a wide range of Clients. Headquartered in London. we have established a strong track record and reputation as the ‘Partner with a purpose’ to help each Client get the most out of their property.
Through our network of offices in the UK, we offer a wide range of property services including consultancy, management, investment and commercial agency, residential sales & lettings.
The Development & Planning business line is a key division within the organisation and comprises the following three main areas :
- Affordable Housing & viability
- Development Agency
The D&P team is made up of experienced and professional individuals with an appetite to grow in both personnel and market share within the above three areas.
As a Senior Surveyor, requirements include conducting a mix of appraisal and valuation work for housing associations, charities, developments, councils and banking.
The role offers a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to progress to Associate and Partner.
- Deliver fee income commensurate with role
- High quality presentation skills, with the ability to present information accurately and succinctly both orally and in reports
- To undertake valuations, financial viability reports and agency work within the affordable housing sector.
- Ability to reach firm and justifiable conclusions on values for work undertaken
- Ability to deal with several instructions at the same time efficiently and effectively
- To be comfortable taking a simple brief from clients, acting upon it and producing best practice solutions for the clients.
- To gain the confidence of clients and become a focal point for communication.
- Preparation of fee proposals.
- To regularly liaise and build relationships with colleagues across the business ensuring consistency of service delivery.
- Working closely with other members of the D&P tam, supporting the planning and development Agency function and being a team player
- May have budget and cost control responsibilities
- Has an awareness of wider team or department budget
Clients and Business Development
- Is proactive in building relationships with internal clients and responsive and helpful to external clients
- Completes own work under minimal supervision/guidance
- Can deal with novel or difficult situations within context of ownfunction or specialism
- Active team player
- Shares expertise with colleagues
- Proactively communicates to colleagues and others
Systems and Process
- Manages, co-ordinates, implements and develops a range of important activities, processes, functions or relationships
- Makes some decisions within field of expertise
- Is conscious of process and takes steps to protect interests of Cluttons and Clients
- May be a contributor to wider projects
- Educated to degree level
- MRICS and Registered Valuer
- Previous experience of planning would be advantageous but is not essential for the role
- Past valuation experience is essential for the role
- Knowledge of the affordable housing sector
- Holidays: 25 – increase in line with length of service to a maximum of 30 days
- Auto Enrollment Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flu and Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
Plus Flexible benefits as below
- Policy that allows you to pick and choose additional benefits including purchasing 5 days additional holiday
- Discounted Gym membership
- Dental Insurance
- Travel Insurance