A fantastic opportunity has arisen for talented and driven individual to join a growing and ambitious business as a graduate surveyor in our Occupier Management team. As a Cluttons’ graduate, we have high expectations of you both in your day to day work and your continued professional studies. We provide full support and guidance to you, initially in becoming chartered, and then beyond as you develop your career.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with surveyors to identify and determine client requirements
- Assist the team in the day to day management of the client's properties/portfolios
- Resolve estates management issues, liaising with Landlords, Management Agents and Tenants as appropriate.
- Inspect properties to ensure compliance with lease terms and statutory requirements to identify operational cost savings and asset management opportunities
- Advise on lease queries including, but not limited to, repair, access, boundary disputes, rights, maintenance, and payment queries.
- Consideration of and processing applications for licences, e.g. assignments, alterations etc., providing written reports and recommendations to and liaising with clients and client’s solicitors.
- Alongside surveyors, attend client meetings as required
- Financial Management to include
- Preparing and approving rent payment files for lease payables
- Collection of tenant arrears, in liaison with the client accounting team
- Assist with budgeting/variance reporting, bad debt monitoring, funding requests and charge raising for lease payments or receipts
- Invoice Approvals
- Preparation of client reports and attendance of client periodic meetings.
- RICS accredited degree (2.1) or above or a RICS accredited masters degree
- Ideally working towards APC (second year)
- Strong team player
- Ability to working in a busy department with a challenging workload
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Excellent interfacing skills with clients and fellow professionals
- Good understanding of Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 to advise Clients on lease events and any Notices they will need to be served or Notices served on Clients (desired)
- Experience in lease reading (desired)
- An understanding of data analytic tools such as Power BI (desirable)
- Holidays: 25
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flu and Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
Plus Flexible benefits as below
- Policy that allows you to pick and choose additional benefits including purchasing 5 days additional holiday
- Discounted Gym membership
- Dental Insurance
- Travel Insurance