Due to continued growth, we are looking to recruit two experienced Development Monitoring Surveyors, one for our Reading Office and one for our Manchester Office. You will be working within a dedicated team undertaking instructions on Residential, Retail, Healthcare, Office, Commercial and Leisure developments. You will require excellent relationship management skills, working as part of a focused team.
Seeking new and retaining existing Clients though Business Development is a key part of the role to ensure the progression of the Team and its individuals.
You will typically be advising Clients as part of a full initial review of development proposals, reporting and advising on all aspects of the delivery of a real estate development (developer credentials, financing, budget appraisals, programme, design, statutory consents, third party legal agreements, site investigations and construction commercial set up) and identifying development risks, with advice feeding into the structuring of transactions.
This is then followed by monthly monitoring of the development, approving draw-downs from the agreed fund, progress and how the various risks and challenges in the development process are being managed.
- To perform Bank Loan monitoring control work for a range of Banks and Funders.
- A 50/50 split of site visits and office report writing.
- Independent working environment within a small dedicated team.
- Daily site visit as and when required throughout each offices area of operation .
- Produce written reports on the viability of a development project (Initial report) and Budgetary control, quality, progress, insurances, contracts and adherence to statutory procedures (Interim Reports).
- Agreeing and authorising interim valuations for release of funds by the Banks.
- The role requires a practical understanding of construction with a bias towards residential new build and refurbishment.
- Strong communication skills, you will have the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders.
- You will be accurate and have an attention for detail.
- You will enjoy working with a level of autonomy and being part of a team environment.
- Budget estimating, budgetary control, pricing, QS experience
- Preparing and agreeing interim valuations
- A firm understanding of costs associated with construction
- Good practical knowledge of the construction process on site
- Good working knowledge of JCT Building Contracts
- A strong understanding of development procurement
- Building related qualification, MRICS or MCIOB
- Full clean driving licence
- Holidays: 25 – increase in line with length of service to a maximum of 30 days
- Auto Enrollment Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flu and Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
Plus Flexible benefits as below
- Policy that allows you to pick and choose additional benefits including purchasing 5 days additional holiday
- Discounted Gym membership
- Dental Insurance
- Travel Insurance