An excellent opportunity as arisen for an experienced and driven individual to join a growing and ambitious business as a Commercial Property Manager in our Commercial and Strategic Asset Management team.
Commercial and Strategic Asset Management is a fully integrated management offering based in our London and Oxford offices. It combines innovative, research-led solutions to maximising investment returns (via Cluttons Investment Management) with proactive asset management to drive value and traditional day-to-day property and facilities management services, providing clients with a uniquely joined up approach to managing a property or portfolio of properties. The team acts for a wide variety of landlord clients, from family trusts to one of the UK’s largest retailers, and in the main property sectors of retail, office and industrial, working closely with the residential portfolio management team on mixed-use buildings and portfolios.
As an experienced Commercial Property Manager, you will be responsible for managing your own portfolio of properties, spread across sector, on behalf of a number of clients and will work to support the team as necessary in other areas. You will also have the opportunity to help grow and share the management offering in line with our strategic aim to expand this service line. Your duties will include (but will not be limited to) the following:
- Property management: ensure properties are efficiently managed. Anticipate, monitor, and resolve issues; maintain regular contact with occupiers; and seek to comply with the service charge budget
- Health and safety: work with internal teams to ensure the health and safety of all properties under management. Undertake regular inspections to ensure compliance with lease obligations, internal business standards, and RICS guidelines.
- Budgeting: assist in preparing annual budgets in accordance with service charge procedures and regulations. In partnership with Client Accounting, manage and monitor expenditure throughout the year.
- Finance management: manage and collect sums owed by occupiers relating to rent, service charge, insurance, and any other sums due under the lease.
- Lease management: manage and monitor key lease event dates including break options, rent reviews, and lease renewals. Manage applications by occupiers under the lease, such as licences to assign, alter and underlet. Implement and develop systems to ensure applications are dealt with properly and efficiently.
- Client reporting: prepare client reports. Arrange and attend quarterly management meetings and any other meetings at the client’s request.
- Industry related qualification
- MRICS (desirable)
- IT Literate (Mircosoft packages)
- At least three years experience in the commercial property management / surveying sector
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise activities, and achieve desired outcomes.
- Proven ability to interpret and implement policies, procedures, and legislation relevant to commercial property management / surveying
- Proven track record of effective communication with individuals at all levels.
- Proven track record of manging various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solutions
- Budgeting experience; strong financial awareness
- Experience using TRAMPS (preferred) or similar property management accounting system
- Purchase of 5 days holiday
- Discounted Gym membership
- Dental Insurance
- Home computing and technology programme
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan