Cluttons is a company with a difference, working on a solid foundation of mutual trust, we are commercially focussed and business orientated.
We employ over 230 staff in the UK with a fast-growing presence, serving a wide range of Clients. Headquartered in London. we have established a strong track record and reputation as the ‘Partner with a purpose’ to help each and every Client get the most out of their property.
Through our network of offices in the UK, we offer a wide range of property services including consultancy, management, investment and commercial agency, residential sales & lettings.
We are seeking a building surveyor to join the London team based at our Portman House head office. There will be a strong emphasis on core traditional building surveying duties for project work across multiple sectors, as well as a full range of professional work and working on a variety of client accounts.
- Deliver fee income commensurate with role
- Assist with the development of new building consultancy opportunities
- Contribute to the management of the client base to deliver financial goals
- Working within the building surveying team to provide the core building surveying services with a bias towards contract administration of refurbishment work on all types of property
- Comply with Cluttons’ policies and management systems
- Provide accurate management information to the Partner(s) as required
- Contribute to Graduate development.
- Actively contribute to the effectiveness of the team, shares knowledge and advises others
- Work with and develop Graduates
- Coach and mentor others
- Attend external networking events, keep abreast of market development and innovation and share these regularly with the team and Firm as required.
Clients and business development
- Contribute to the management of existing client relationships and to securing new business and generating revenue
- Identify and progress new business opportunities both in and outside own discipline
- Work on a broad range of assignments referring only to senior colleagues/specialists on highly unusual or technical issues
- Manage assignments or sections of major projects
- Broad knowledge of principles and practices of related disciplines
- Enhances Clutton’s reputation through successful delivery
- Build networks across service lines.
- Deliver as per corporate contract(s) requirements
- Accurately forecast fees when required to do so by the Partner
- Contribute to the development of initiatives to increase profitability.
- Evaluate, adapt and improves standards, techniques and procedures
- Adheres to and manages processes in accordance with internal and accredited requirements
- May be a contributor to wider projects.
- Educated to degree level
- Driving licence
- Demonstrable record of exceptional delivery and track record in building consultancy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technical and complex subjects clearly and concisely to clients
- Good presentation skills and experience of being directly client facing
- Ability to work as part of a very client focused team
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary business with internal teams and stakeholders alongside external clients
- Excellent technical competence across the full range of building consultancy service lines.
Embrace & be passionate about our values:
- Holidays: 25 – increase in line with length of service to a maximum of 30 days
- Auto Enrollment Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flu and Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
Plus Flexible benefits as below
- Policy that allows you to pick and choose additional benefits including purchasing 5 days additional holiday
- Discounted Gym membership
- Dental Insurance
- Travel Insurance