Cluttons UK offers exceptional depth of property knowledge from a diverse group of experts, with a focus on delivering commercial results for its clients.
Cluttons employs over 250 staff through a network of offices in the UK, providing a wide range of commercial and residential property services, including asset management, valuation, corporate services, telecoms and consultancy. Cluttons uses its proprietary Portal technology and deep knowledge in sectors such as telecoms, charities and education to provide clients with unique insights and innovative solutions to help them maximise returns on their assets.
Clients include international corporate and institutional investors, to private individuals and families.
The Project Management team within the Project and Building Consultancy Division is a growing, dedicated team of Project Managers who work with the wider Cluttons disciplines on a number of multi-disciplinary appointments.
The Project and Building Consultancy team are present in offices in London, Oxford and Reading. This position is based in the London office, and support is given to work streams from other offices and vice versa as required.
As Project Managers we provide professional consulting advise in the setup, management delivery and reporting of projects for our clients. These are construction focused projects, but also covers change management, staff engagement and consultation. Our role is to steer a project from inception through to completion.
Together we provide professional services, design, contract administration and project management services to a diverse range of clients. We work in many sectors including commercial office, healthcare, Public sector (Parliament), residential, heritage, industrial and charitable. Our area of expertise is commercial office move and change projects for landlords and tenants, but we are fortunate to have a diverse range of project and industries we work in.
As a Project Manager you will contribute to the team in all areas of work to provide delivery on time and within budget. This can be as diverse as carrying out a progress review of a new build care home site to coordinating the AV and furniture installation of an office fit out.
You will represent the company in meetings, providing advice and updates to clients at their premises and on site. You will be expected to work on all different types of projects and in different UK locations although most of our work is London and South East focused.
Cluttons Project Management team is small and growing. As a successful candidate you will be immediately involved in delivering projects under the support of a senior team member. As you grow in confidence and ability you will be given more and more responsibility. We pride ourselves on offering a great experience to develop and learn on real projects. We also support all our graduates through gaining chartered qualifications at either RICS or APM. You will be given a mentor to support you through this and also connected with the other Cluttons graduates going through their chartership.
- Support the lead Project Manager in the professional delivery of projects
- Undertake professional services (Report writing, preparing programmes, writing notes/ action trackers etc.)
- Oversee the design and production of planning, tender and construction drawings
- Liaise with construction professionals appointed to our projects e.g. architects, quantity surveyors, engineer etc.
- Represent the Project Management department internally and to clients
- Liaise with your Partner (line manager) to forecast workload and resources required
- Work effectively under pressure, remaining calm and approachable
- Participate in client meetings where required
- Be aware of all client requirements
- Ensure all work undertaken is produced accurately to standards in a timely and efficient manner
- Be aware of the team target and the role they play in achieving this
- Understand what generates revenue and makes profit
- Clients and Business Development
- Manage client relationships at all levels on a day to day basis
- Progress new business opportunities
- Be responsible for managing instructions with supervision
- Regularly update and communicate with the team
- Have a broad knowledge of principles and practices of related disciplines
- Enhance Cluttons’ reputation through successful delivery
- Build network within service lines
- Ensure the team, including managers, are fully appraised of progress
- Behave in a collaborative, positive manner supporting and helping colleagues
- Share knowledge with/ provide information to colleagues and team
- Attend external networking events, keep abreast of market developments and share these regularly with the team as required
Systems and Process
- Evaluate, adapt and improve standards, techniques and procedures
- Learn and follow to Cluttons’ processes and procedures
- Degree educated – in a project management or construction related course. Please do not apply unless you meet this criterion.
- Full UK driving license (desirable)
- Confident and professional
- Approachable, organised and helpful
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to resolve issues through negotiation
- Proficient in using Microsoft Packages
- Willing to learn and take responsibility for personal development
- An understanding of construction projects and the professional roles we perform e.g., Contract Administration, Employers Agent, Project Manager. Candidates with experience via a placement year or other work experiences would be preferable.
- Knowledge of construction technology
EXAMPLE - REAL CLUTTONS PROJECTS
- Parliamentary feasibility report writing with a team of design subconsultants. Examples include designing and recommending the best location for a on site Armoury on the Parliamentary estate. Other project examples have been developing the design brief, cost estimate and space planning for relocating staff, designing a link bridge between two buildings including legal and party wall advice.
- Office fit out refurbishments for occupier clients. Projects can range from small repurposing of existing space for organisational change requirements to full fit out projects of a dilapidated building. We work with our agency teams in supporting occupiers in selecting and fitting out new offices.
- Landlord office development schemes including refurbishments, extensions and new build options.
- Various residential schemes from new build flats, to refurbishment of offices into student flats to high end residential projects.
- Healthcare projects, mainly for the elderly and assisted living market. These include purpose made new build projects and refurbishments.
- Holidays: 25 – increase in line with length of service to a maximum of 30 days
- Auto Enrollment Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flu and Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working and working from home options
Plus Flexible benefits that allows you to pick and choose additional benefits including
- Purchasing 5 days additional holiday
- Discounted Gym membership
- Dental Insurance
- Travel insurance