Cluttons is a company with a difference, working on a solid foundation of mutual trust, we are commercially focussed, and business orientated.
We employ over 230 staff in the UK with a fast-growing presence, serving a wide range of Clients. Headquartered in London. we have established a strong track record and reputation as the ‘Partner with a purpose’ to help each Client get the most out of their property.
Through our network of offices in the UK, we offer a wide range of property services including consultancy, management, investment and commercial agency, residential sales & lettings.The role
The Transactional, Development & Advisory business line is a key division within the organisation with Development Agency being a vital segment. Development Agency, is predominantly transactional but also works closely with teams covering the following three areas:
- Affordable Housing & viability
- Development Advisory
- Advising upon a mixture of public and private sector clients across the commercial and residential markets.
- Identifying and sourcing new development business
- Knowledge and understanding of promotional and optional agreements
- Report writing and constructing, interpreting complex development appraisals and financial models
- Cross-selling and promoting the company’s activities and experience internally and externally
- Deliver fee income commensurate with role – equivalent to a minimum of 3x basic salary per annum
- Provision of sound advice and transactions to clients on the development potential of land and property portfolios
- Undertake the sale and acquisition of all forms of development land and property within London and the South East
- Manage strategic land disposals assignment
- Contribute to Graduate development within the team
The wider team is made up of experienced and professional individuals with an appetite to grow in both personnel and market share within the above three areas.
We are looking for a commercially driven, entrepreneurial and accountable associate. This individual will take the lead and has an understanding of development opportunities.
An associate possesses leadership qualities, driving projects while bringing the wider team with them. Being at the centre of everything, they are able to look ahead to see the big picture, whilst being close enough to the day-to-day detail to ensure the basics are always locked and the team are energised.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity for a talented and driven individual to join a growing and ambitious business in our offices in London.Key Deliverable Responsibilities
- Budget and cost control responsibilities
- Has an awareness of wider team or department budget
Clients and Business Development
- Is proactive in building relationships with internal clients and responsive and helpful to external clients
- Completes own work under minimal supervision/guidance
- Can deal with novel or difficult situations within context of own function or specialism
- Active team player
- Shares expertise with colleagues
- Proactively communicates to colleagues and others
Systems and Process
- Experience using Argus
- Manages, co-ordinates, implements and develops a range of important activities, processes, functions or relationships
- Makes some decisions within field of expertise
- Is conscious of process and takes steps to protect interests of Cluttons and Clients
- May be a contributor to wider projects
- Educated to degree level
- Working to towards MRICS
- Driving license
- Demonstrable record of delivery in the UK Real Estate market, with a background and track record in lease advisory
- Previous experience and evidence of enhancing performance through growth and profitability
- Developing profile as a business generator