Tuesday 15 December 2020 | 11:00am - 12:00pm
Cluttons is delighted to partner with The Association of Chief Estates Surveyors and Property Managers (ACES) and Edwin Coe to host a webinar on the Change of Use Class Order which will seek to understand the threats and opportunities to the public sector.
This summer has seen the biggest planning reforms for decades which have huge implications for investors, developers, landlords and tenants. The Government announced a series of intended permitted development right (PDR) amendments which follows the “upward extensions” PDR changes set out this summer for existing residential blocks.
The latest changes are around flexibility for commercial buildings, including rights for retail to be used as cafés or offices. These sit alongside the current office-to-resi right. In addition, permission will not be necessary to demolish and rebuild vacant and redundant residential and commercial buildings if they are rebuilt as homes.
Our webinar will bring together a panel of commercial and residential property experts including Neil Simon from Haringey Council and Vice Chair of the ACES London branch to explain and debate the new legislation, focusing on threats and associated opportunities facing public sector organisations.
- What are the new change of use classes and why is this so important?
- What are the major concerns and how to mitigate against them?
- What are the implications for valuations of property?
- What are the threats and opportunities for the public sector?
- Raoul Veevers, Head of Strategic Planning, Cluttons
- Jonathan Rhodes, Head of National Valuation, Cluttons
- Matthew Peake, Head of Commercial & Strategic Asset Management, Cluttons
- Joanne McIvor, Property Partner, Edwin Coe LLP
- Neil Simon, Development Surveyor, Haringey Council (Vice Chair, London ACES branch)
If any public sector organisations would like to join this webinar please register here.
Please note that this event is only open to public sector organisations.