Cluttons valued the virtual freehold interest in an almost completed, fully pre-let 125,000 square foot retail park, together with four adjoining industrial units. Our partner led service meant that we were able to draw on over 30 years of experience.
How we helped
Kier Pension Fund Trustees weren’t using agents and therefore required a close working relationship and due diligence. Dedicated partner input is crucial in valuations of this kind and the Kier trustees were able to place the valuation in our hands with total confidence.
- As the property was to be held in a Limited Partnership structure with the developer, we offered advice on any opportunities and threats that could arise.
- We liaised with the Trustees’ lawyers over topics including planning, environmental liabilities and assessment of subsequent market perceptions.
- Having assessed market perceptions of those issues, we provided a full commentary on their likely impact and why we believed the strengths outweighed the weaknesses.
As well as carrying out the valuation, we considered the risks and impact of any issues that might arise on the marketability, going forward.
- We placed the valuation in its full context, providing a full SWOT analysis of the issues, a reasoned commentary and a balanced conclusion.
- We provided additional advice on the anticipated future performance of the property, utilising PMA (Property Market Analysis) retail forecasts to calculate the prospective investment values and returns derived from a DCF (Discounted Cash Flow) analysis of various scenarios.