Cluttons are acting as Employers Agent, Cost advisors, CDM advisors and architectural support to Whiteley Homes Trust, an elderly care provider in Walton on Thames. The first phase was the construction of an £8.5m 30 bed extra care facility with community café and facilities which is now complete. Cluttons are supporting the Trust’s aspirations for the follow on development phases including a Grade II listed building refurbishment into 44 apartments.
How we helped
- Reviewed the planning submitted designs and developed the design to tender stage which included capturing and recording the employers requirements
- Conducted a tender selection process for appointing the main contractor via a two stage design and build procurement exercise
- Providing Employers Agent and cost advisory services for administering the build contract, which included a large number of client variations and design development
- To support early occupation we agreed a phased completion so the residential areas could be handed over and occupied by residents whilst the non residential areas were completed
- Supported the client furniture and finishes final selection and coordination to fit with the building design and to support being operational as quickly as possible.
New build care hub delivered in budget in a conservation area to the delight of the client and residents.
Client testimonial – ‘”Cluttons has done an excellent job in monitoring and managing the development of the Care Hub project which has been a difficult and complex project. Thanks to the expertise and problem-solving skills of the team, the Hub has been delivered in budget and we are delighted with the quality of the final building.”