Associate – commercial property management (hybrid working)
We are a business with exciting sustainable growth plans over the next few years looking for amazing people who want to grow along with us.
We are a business that values our people. We've launched exciting people initiatives to better our people's experience and we engage with our people to listen to their needs and wants. We have adopted a hybrid working policy that gives our people the flexibility they want, and we reward and recognise them well through numerous ways including our extensive benefits package and the way we align our support to match their career goals.
Cluttons is a company with a difference, working on a solid foundation of mutual trust, we are commercially focussed, and business orientated.
We employ over 230 staff in the UK with a fast-growing presence, headquartered in London and serving a wide range of clients. We have established a strong track record and reputation as the ‘partner with a purpose’ to help each client get the most out of their property.
Through our network of offices in the UK, we offer a wide range of property services including consultancy, management, investment and commercial agency, residential sales & lettings.
An excellent opportunity as arisen for an experienced and driven individual to join a growing and ambitious business as a Associate - Commercial Property Manager in our Commercial & Strategic Asset Management team.
The Commercial & Strategic Asset Management team is a fully integrated management offering based in our London and Oxford offices. It combines proactive asset management to drive value and deliver client returns with traditional day-to-day property and facilities management services, providing clients with a uniquely joined up approach to managing a property or portfolio of properties. The team acts for a wide variety of landlord clients, from family trusts to one of the UK’s largest retailers, and in the main property sectors of retail, office and industrial, working closely with the residential portfolio management team on mixed-use buildings and portfolios.
As an experienced Commercial Property Manager, you will be responsible for managing your own portfolio of properties, spread across sector, on behalf of a number of clients and will work to support the team as necessary in other areas. You will also have the opportunity to help grow and share the management offering in line with our strategic aim to expand this service line. Your duties will include (but will not be limited to) the following:
- Property management: ensure properties are efficiently managed. Anticipate, monitor, and resolve issues; maintain regular contact with occupiers; and seek to comply with the service charge budget
- Health and safety: work with the Facilities Management teams to ensure the health and safety of all properties under management. Undertake regular inspections to ensure compliance with lease obligations, internal business standards, and RICS guidelines.
- Budgeting: assist in preparing annual budgets in accordance with service charge procedures and regulations. In partnership with Client Accounting, manage and monitor expenditure throughout the year.
- Finance management: manage and collect sums owed by occupiers relating to rent, service charge, insurance, and any other sums due under the lease.
- Lease management: manage and monitor key lease event dates including break options, rent reviews, and lease renewals. Manage applications by occupiers under the lease, such as licences to assign, alter and underlet. Implement and develop systems to ensure applications are dealt with properly and efficiently.
- Client reporting: prepare client reports. Arrange and attend quarterly management meetings and any other meetings at the client’s request.
- Industry related qualification
- MRICS (desirable)
- IT Literate (Microsoft packages)
- At least five - six years experience in commercial property management
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise activities, and achieve desired outcomes
- Proven ability to interpret and implement policies, procedures, and legislation relevant to commercial property management / surveying
- Proven track record of effective communication with individuals at all levels
- Proven track record of manging various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solutions
- Budgeting experience; strong financial awareness
- Experience using TRAMPS (preferred) or similar property management accounting system
- Hybrid working - to give you the flexibility you need
- Holidays: 27 days increasing in line with length of service to a maximum of 30 days
- Private health insurance - single cover
- Enhanced auto enrolment pension scheme - to help you save for the future
- Life assurance - to protect your loved ones should the worst happen
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme - discounted bicycles
- Flu and eye care vouchers - to keep you healthy
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 health & wellbeing support
- [email protected] Remote GP app - to give you and your family access to medical experts quickly
- Platform hosting 1000s of discounts at your favourite retailers, restaurants, supermarkets, leisure & days out venues, gyms and more
- Family & wellbeing policy - including enhanced maternity pay, menopause support, neurodiversity support, carer support, company sick pay and much more
Plus a Flexible benefits policy that allows you to pick and choose additional benefits as below:
- Purchasing up to 5 days additional holiday
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted dental insurance
- Discounted private medical insurance for family cover
- Discounted critical health insurance and more