We are a business with exciting sustainable growth plans over the next few years looking for amazing people who want to grow along with us. We are a business that values our people. We've launched exciting people initiatives to better our people's experience and we engage with our people to listen to their needs and wants.
We employ over 230 staff in the UK with a fast-growing presence, headquartered in London and serving a wide range of clients. We have established a strong track record and reputation as the ‘partner with a purpose’ to help each client get the most out of their property.
Through our network of offices in the UK, we offer a wide range of property services including consultancy, management, investment and commercial agency, residential sales & lettings.
The Project and Building Consultancy are present in offices in London, Oxford, Reading and Manchester. This position is based in the Oxford office, and support is given to work streams from other offices and vice versa as required. We are commited to implementing sustainable approaches in all that we do.
This role is predominantly to manage design and construction works in the utility sector supporting solar farms, battery storage sites and electricity distribution infrastructure. Construction knowledge of civils and buildings is required and an ability to manage all stakeholders for project design and delivery. We are active in our specialist fields of flood defence and conservation of heritage propery in the Oxford educational sector. All surveyors provide traditional building surveying services in commercial, educational and industrial sectors, including dilapidations, party wall, due diligence surveys, building pathology, condition surveys, measured surveys, reinstatement cost assessments, construction monitoring, principal designer role and project management of construction or fit out projects.
As a Building Surveyor you will contribute to the team in all areas of work to provide delivery on time and within budget. This can be as diverse as carrying out surveys to produce planned preventative maintenance schedules for an Oxford College campus, through to visiting a site to check that reinforcement is placed correctly for a flood defence scheme to a factory.
You will represent the company in meetings, providing advice and updates to clients at their premises and on site.
Oxford is the centre for CAD support across the business, and we use their skills, BIM and 3D capabilities for planning, tender and construction drawings.
- Undertake professional services (such as dilapidations, party wall, acquisition surveys)
- Oversee the design and production of planning, tender and construction drawings
- Liaise with clients, contractors, CAD team, structural engineers and other sub-consultants
- Obtain quotes, instruct and manage site investigation surveys
- Determine project specifications, client requirements and performance standards; complete technical studies; prepare cost estimates
- Undertake the Principal Designer role under the CDM Regulations
- Identify technical solutions and undertake feasibility studies to identify optimum designs
- Represent the Project and Building Consultancy department internally and to clients
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of drawing production
- Produce specifications and contract documentation
- Ensure specifications and procedures are used and followed
- Liaise with surveyors to forecast workload and resources required
- Be aware of all client design requirements
- Supervise the preparation and checking of 2D/3D drawings
- Take accurate site measurements from inception through to construction to ensure accuracy of information produced
- Ensure all work undertaken is produced accurately to standards in a timely and efficient manner
- You will have a relevant construction related or building surveying degree
- You will preferably hold a relevant professional qualification (MRICS or similar)
- Full UK driving licence
- An understanding of construction processes
- An understanding of the process of dilapidations
- An understanding of party wall matters
- An understanding of statutory requirements (Planning and building regulations)
- Experience of undertaking building surveys for due diligence
- Good knowledge of construction technology
- Understanding of bills of quantities, activity schedules and cost control
- Good project management abilities
- Experience of working on building projects
- Client facing experience to meet with clients and contractors
- Proficient in using Microsoft Packages and an understanding of AutoCAD
- Able to organise and prioritise to meet deadlines
- Holidays: 25 days increasing in line with length of service to a maximum of 30 days
- Enhanced auto enrolment pension scheme - to help you save for the future
- Life assurance - to protect your loved ones should the worst happen
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme - discounted bicycles
- Flu and eye care vouchers - to keep you healthy
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 health & wellbeing support
- Help@Hand Remote GP app - to give you and your family access to medical experts quickly
- Platform hosting 1000s of discounts at your favourite retailers, restaurants, supermarkets, leisure & days out venues, gyms and more
- Family & wellbeing policy - including enhanced maternity pay, menopause support, neurodiversity support, carer support, company sick pay and much more
Plus a Flexible benefits policy that allows you to pick and choose additional benefits as below:
- Purchasing up to 5 days additional holiday
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted dental insurance
- Discounted private medical insurance
- Discounted critical health insurance and more