CAD Technician (hybrid working)
We are a business with exciting sustainable growth plans over the next few years looking for amazing people who want to grow along with us.
We are a business that values our people. We've launched exciting people initiatives to better our people's experience and we engage with our people to listen to their needs and wants. We have adopted a hybrid working policy that gives our people the flexibility they want and we reward and recognise them well through numerous ways including our extensive benefits package and the way we align our support to match their career goals.
Cluttons is a company with a difference, working on a solid foundation of mutual trust, we are commercially focussed, and business orientated.
We employ over 230 staff in the UK with a fast-growing presence, headquartered in London and serving a wide range of clients. We have established a strong track record and reputation as the ‘partner with a purpose’ to help each client get the most out of their property.
Through our network of offices in the UK, we offer a wide range of property services including consultancy, management, investment and commercial agency, residential sales & lettings.
Cluttons is currently recruiting for a CAD Technician in Oxford. This role will comprise drawing work using Autodesk Software to create technical drawings for planning, tendering and construction including architectural and civil detailing. There will be site visits to take measurements and to develop construction understanding and knowledge. Candidates should be AutoCAD proficient with 3-5 years architectural and/or structural experience. We have a busy, lively and expanding team. We support other Cluttons’ offices with CAD work from Oxford.
- Support the surveyors and engineers in technical aspects of projects
- Produce existing plans, sections and details using surveyors notes and measurements
- Produce quality drawings for construction, architectural detailing, and in particular civil works
- Work to quality control standards for drawing production
- Use and follow engineering specifications and procedures
- Use and follow internally produced CAD standards for drawing production
- Be able to complete full drawing packages for tendering and construction
- Support the London (and other offices) CAD requirements
- Be aware of all client design requirements using CAD standards
- Be responsible for and take accurate site measurements from inception through to construction to ensure accuracy of information produced
- Translate design concepts into CAD models
- Ensure all work undertaken is produced accurately to standards in a timely and efficient manner
Essential experience and qualifications
- A relevant technical construction qualification
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD and drafting skills
- Proven track record of CAD Projects
- An understanding of construction processes
- An understanding of building surveying practices
- Technical understanding of architectural detailing
- Experience of working on civils projects within the utilities/electricity sector
- Experience in structural engineering and civil design
- Proficient in using Microsoft Packages
- Hybrid working - to give you the flexibility you need
- Holidays: 25 days increasing in line with length of service to a maximum of 30 days
- Enhanced auto enrolment pension scheme - to help you save for the future
- Life assurance - to protect your loved ones should the worst happen
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme - discounted bicycles
- Flu and eye care vouchers - to keep you healthy
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 health & wellbeing support
- [email protected] Remote GP app - to give you and your family access to medical experts quickly
- Platform hosting 1000s of discounts at your favourite retailers, restaurants, supermarkets, leisure & days out venues, gyms and more
- Family & wellbeing policy - including enhanced maternity pay, menopause support, neurodiversity support, carer support, company sick pay and much more
Plus a Flexible benefits policy that allows you to pick and choose additional benefits as below:
- Purchasing up to 5 days additional holiday
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted dental insurance
- Discounted private medical insurance for family cover
- Discounted critical health insurance and more