Estate manager, Carlton Gate
Carlton comprises 426 apartments spread across twenty-two separate buildings. Constructed in 1990s, Carlton Gate is home to nearly 1,000 residents and benefits from 24-hour security services as well as other desirable amenities.
Since its construction Carlton Gate has been proudly managed by Cluttons, a 250-year-old property consultancy specialising in residential management services.
We are now looking for an Estate Manager to oversee the day to day running of the development. The role can be extremely varied, but the general responsibilities include supervising the smooth running of the Carlton Gate development, liaison with residents, tenants and visitors and ensuring good general upkeep and maintenance.
Additionally, the Estate Manager mange’s the security office, works closely with the block management team and oversees the third parties working on site. The Estate Manager also deals with some general administration, as well as a prominent role embedding excellent health and safety standards across the site.
- Undertaking and documenting regular inspections of the internal and external common areas
- Ensuring that all procedures are being adhered to with accuracy and driving procedural change to improve standards
- Managing and supervising the onsite staff, training new staff
- Promptly escalate or forward matters that require the attention of other parties
- Monitoring existing estate service contracts for value and quality
- Dealing with all correspondence from residents & clients appropriately
- Building and maintaining working relationships with the leaseholders, and attending regular meetings as appropriate
- Assisting in ensuring continued value for money, overseeing charge expenditures and assisting in controlling costs
- Liaise positively and proactively with leaseholders and residents
- Recognise and proactively tackle any and all health and safety risk. Recognise serious risks requiring urgent attention, escalating and actioning accordingly
- Present a professional, positive and friendly approach to the company's external contacts
- Demonstrable experience of managing people/teams and delivering an exceptional customer service.
- Confident, articulate communicator - both orally and in writing; able to build relationships with all types of customers and client with a resolution focused mentality, creative in your approach.
- Able to work with autonomy and as part of a wider team
- Efficient in maintaining administration and record keeping electronically
- Demonstrable ability dealing with problems and challenges effectively
- Understanding of the principles relating to Health and Safety regulations and Residential Landlord & Tenant legislation, with a familiarity of residential long leases
- General financial awareness and ability
- Ability to work under pressure deadlines, able to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Competent user of Microsoft software packages, incl. Word and Excel.
- Social-media awareness and up to date with new technology.
You must have a strong solid proven track record within a similar environment, an understanding of building maintenance and residential property law, knowledge of Health & Safety in the workplace and carrying out risk assessments.
The successful candidate will be IT literate, have excellent communication, organisational and time management skills as well as being truly motivated, tenacious and resourceful.
- Holidays: 25 days increasing in line with length of service to a maximum of 30 days
- Enhanced auto enrolment pension scheme - to help you save for the future
- Life Assurance - to protect your loved ones should the worst happen
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loans
- Cycle to work scheme - discounted bicycles
- Family & wellbeing policy - to attract, retain and get the best out of a diverse team
- Flu and Eye Care Vouchers - to keep you healthy
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Health & Wellbeing support
- Help@Hand Remote GP app - to give you and your family access to medical experts quickly
- Platform hosting 1000s of discounts at your favourite retailers, restaurants, supermarkets, leisure & days out venues, gyms and more
- Plus a Flexible benefits policy that allows you to pick and choose additional benefits as below:
- Purchasing up to 5 days additional holiday
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted dental insurance
- Discounted private medical insurance
- Discounted travel insurance and more