Head of development monitoring (hybrid working)
We are a business with exciting sustainable growth plans over the next few years looking for amazing people who want to grow along with us.
We are a business that values our people. We've launched exciting people initiatives to better our people's experience and we engage with our people to listen to their needs and wants. We have adopted a hybrid working policy that gives our people the flexibility they want, and we reward and recognise them well through numerous ways including our extensive benefits package and the way we align our support to match their career goals.
Cluttons is a company with a difference, working on a solid foundation of mutual trust, we are commercially focussed, and business orientated.
We employ over 230 staff in the UK with a fast-growing presence, headquartered in London and serving a wide range of clients. We have established a strong track record and reputation as the ‘partner with a purpose’ to help each client get the most out of their property.
Through our network of offices in the UK, we offer a wide range of property services including consultancy, management, investment and commercial agency, residential sales & lettings.
- Due to continued growth, we are looking to recruit experienced senior surveyors in our development monitoring team, where you can develop your skills in a particular specialism within the field of construction. You will be working within a dedicated team undertaking instructions on Residential, Retail, Healthcare, Office, Commercial and Leisure developments. You will require excellent relationship management skills, working as part of a focused team.
- Seeking new and retaining existing Clients though Business Development is a key part of the role to ensure the progression of the Team and its individuals.
- You will typically be advising Clients as part of a full initial review of development proposals, reporting and advising on all aspects of the delivery of a real estate development (developer credentials, financing, budget appraisals, programme, design, statutory consents, third party legal agreements, site investigations and construction commercial set up) and identifying development risks, with advice feeding into the structuring of transactions.
- This is then followed by monthly monitoring of the development, approving draw-downs from the agreed fund, progress and how the various risks and challenges in the development process are being managed.
- To perform Bank Loan monitoring control work for a range of Banks and Funders.
- The role requires a practical understanding of construction with a bias towards residential new build and refurbishment.
- Strong communication skills, you will have the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders.
- You will be accurate and have an attention for detail.
- You will enjoy working with a level of autonomy and being part of a team environment.
- A 50/50 split of site visits and office report writing.
- Independent working environment within a small dedicated team.
- Daily site visit as and when required throughout each offices area of operation .
- Produce written reports on the viability of a development project (Initial report) and Budgetary control, quality, progress, insurances, contracts and adherence to statutory procedures (Interim Reports).
- Agreeing and authorising interim valuations for release of funds by the Banks
- Budget estimating, budgetary control, pricing,
- Preparing and agreeing interim valuations
- A firm understanding of costs associated with construction
- Good practical knowledge of the construction process on site
- Good working knowledge of JCT Building Contracts
- A strong understanding of development procurement
- Building related qualification, MRICS or MCIOB
- Full clean driving licence
- Hybrid working - to give you the flexibility you need
- Holidays: 30 days
- Car allowance
- Private health insurance - family cover
- Enhanced auto enrolment pension scheme - to help you save for the future
- Life assurance - to protect your loved ones should the worst happen
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme - discounted bicycles
- Flu and eye care vouchers - to keep you healthy
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 health & wellbeing support
- [email protected] Remote GP app - to give you and your family access to medical experts quickly
- Platform hosting 1000s of discounts at your favourite retailers, restaurants, supermarkets, leisure & days out venues, gyms and more
- Family & wellbeing policy - including enhanced maternity pay, menopause support, neurodiversity support, carer support, company sick pay and much more
Plus a Flexible benefits policy that allows you to pick and choose additional benefits as below:
- Purchasing up to 5 days additional holiday
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted dental insurance
- Discounted private medical insurance for family cover
- Discounted critical health insurance and more