Head of national markets (hybrid working)
We are a business with exciting sustainable growth plans over the next few years looking for amazing people who want to grow along with us.
We are a business that values our people. We've launched exciting people initiatives to better our people's experience and we engage with our people to listen to their needs and wants. We have adopted a hybrid working policy that gives our people the flexibility they want and we reward and recognise them well through numerous ways including our extensive benefits package and the way we align our support to match their career goals.
Cluttons is a company with a difference, working on a solid foundation of mutual trust, we are commercially focussed, and business orientated.
We employ over 230 staff in the UK with a fast-growing presence, serving a wide range of Clients. Headquartered in London. We have established a strong track record and reputation as the ‘Partner with a purpose’ to help each Client get the most out of their property.
Through our network of offices in the UK, we offer a wide range of property services including consultancy, management, investment and commercial agency, residential sales & lettings.
As we embark on our ambitious growth plan to both promote full life cycle services and wider geographical reach, we have identified a key opportunity to expand and are looking to appoint a Head of National Markets (Commercial Agency). This is an exciting opportunity to lead the Commercial Agency team (known internally as business space agency) within Cluttons, providing developer and investor clients with exceptional consultancy advice. The successful candidate will have proven experience of developing business and of managing a high performing team.
- Independently deliver fee income commensurate with role
- Ability to grow and shape the agency department to be an energetic, high performing team within wider Transactional, Development & Advisory Business Unit
- Lead & Drive business development within Agency and support wider TDA and business initiatives
- Report directly to TDA management board representative
- Working closely with other teams within Cluttons to create cross-selling opportunities and collaboration
- Manage and increase Clutton’s presence within the business space agency community nationally
- Promote the Business Space Agency, Transactional, Development & Advisory business line and Cluttons (all service lines) at all times
- Takes every opportunity to network. Makes client connections/introductions for others
- Promote Cluttons (all service lines) to personal client base
- Team based fee targets.
- Is aware of the team target and the role they play in ensuring the whole team achieves this
- Understands and uses appropriate pricing strategies to get the best price for their work
- Provides leadership within the team, responsible for encouraging the team to drive forward and reach unit goals
- Ensure the team, including managers, are fully appraised of progress.
- Share knowledge with/ provides information to colleagues and team.
- Attend external networking events, keep abreast of market developments and share these regularly with the team and other departments within Cluttons as required.
Systems and Process
- Evaluate, adapts and improves standards, techniques and procedures.
- Should have strong experience in the business space agency market at a senior level from a surveying practice, developer or property company
- An ability to work independently and take responsibility for delivery will be key.
- Experience of the London and South East markets
- Proven experience of operating in the agency market
- Experience of managing a team
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday (plus public bank holidays)
- Car allowance
- Enhanced Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flu and Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
Plus, flexible benefits as below:
- Policy that allows you to pick and choose additional benefits including purchasing 5 days additional holiday
- Discounted gym membership
- Dental Insurance
- Travel Insurance