PBC Building Surveyor Partner, Hybrid working
We are a business with exciting sustainable growth plans over the next few years looking for amazing people who want to grow along with us.
We value our people. We've launched exciting people initiatives to better our people's experience and we engage with our people to listen to their needs and wants. We are proud of our flexible approach to work and offer a hybrid set up where your home location in or around the outer London area should not be a barrier to undertaking this role – we are flexible on where you work, noting that you need to spend time in our London office, and to be able to service our clients.
Cluttons is a company with a difference, working on a solid foundation of mutual trust, we are commercially focussed, and business orientated. We employ over 230 staff in the UK with a fast-growing presence, serving a wide range of Clients. We have established a strong track record and reputation as the ‘Partner with a purpose’ to help each Client get the most out of their property.
Through our network of offices in the UK, we offer a wide range of property services including consultancy, management, investment and commercial agency, residential sales & lettings. We embrace and are passionate about our values in everything we do: Collaboration, Drive, Fascination, Challenge and Community.
We are looking to recruit an experienced building surveyor partner for our London office. You will be working within a dedicated existing team undertaking instructions on Residential, Retail, Office, Commercial and Leisure commissions working across all aspects of building surveying but focusing on and with a strong track record in residential improvement and refurbishment schemes. You will require excellent relationship management skills, working as part of a focused team, leading instructions and dealing with clients to add value through design and delivery. Seeking new and retaining existing clients though business development is a key part of the role to ensure the progression of the team and its individuals.
You will be working closely with all members of the team, the business unit head and other partners of the business. There will be a strong emphasis on core traditional building surveying duties for project work across multiple sectors, as well as a full range of professional work on a variety of client accounts across both residential and commercial property. We are seeking someone who is adept at working across a number of small and large projects at any one time and who is able to seek and develop new business opportunities.
- Deliver fee income commensurate with role
- Assist with the development of new building consultancy opportunities
- Contribute to the management of the client base to deliver financial goals
- Working within the building surveying team to provide the core building surveying services with a bias towards contract administration of refurbishment work on all types of property
- Comply with Cluttons’ policies and management systems
- Provide accurate management information to the business unit head as required
- Contribute to Graduate development
- Agreeing and authorising interim valuations for release of funds by the Banks.
- The role requires a practical understanding of construction with a bias towards residential refurbishment.
- Strong communication skills, you will have the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders.
- You will be accurate and have an attention for detail.
- You will enjoy working with a level of autonomy and being part of a team environment.
• Actively contribute to the effectiveness of the team, shares knowledge and advises others
• Works with and develops Graduates
• Coach and mentor others
• Attend external networking events, keep abreast of market development and innovation and share these regularly with the team and Firm as required
Clients and business development
• Contribute to the management of existing client relationships and to securing new business and generating revenue
• Identify and progress new business opportunities both in and outside own discipline
• Work on a broad range of assignments referring only to senior colleagues/specialists on highly unusual or technical issues
• Manage assignments or sections of major projects
• Broad knowledge of principles and practices of related disciplines
• Enhances Clutton’s reputation through successful delivery
• Build networks across service lines
• Deliver as per corporate contract(s) requirements
• Accurately forecast fees when required to do so
• Contribute to the development of initiatives to increase profitability
Systems and process
• Evaluate, adapt and improves standards, techniques and procedures
• Adheres to and manages processes in accordance with internal and accredited requirements
• May be a contributor to wider projects
• Educated to degree level
• MRICS with at least 5 years PQE
• Driving licence
• Prior experience in a multi-disciplinary firm
• Demonstrable record of exceptional delivery and track record in building consultancy
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technical and complex subjects clearly and concisely to clients
• Excellent technical competence across the full range of building consultancy service lines
• Ability to work as part of a very client focused team
• Good presentation skills and experience of being directly client facing
- Hybrid working - to give you the flexibility you need
- Holidays: 25 days increasing in line with length of service to a maximum of 30 days
- Enhanced auto enrolment pension scheme - to help you save for the future
- Life Assurance - to protect your loved ones should the worst happen
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loans
- Cycle to work scheme - discounted bicycles
- Flu and Eye Care Vouchers - to keep you healthy
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Health & Wellbeing support
- Platform hosting 1000s of discounts at your favourite retailers, restaurants, supermarkets, leisure & days out venues, gyms and more
Plus Flexible benefits as below
• Policy that allows you to pick and choose additional benefits including purchasing 5 days additional holiday
• Discounted Gym membership
• Dental Insurance
• Travel Insurance