Property manager – 12 month mat cover
We are a business with exciting sustainable growth plans over the next few years looking for amazing people who want to grow along with us.
We are a business that values our people. We've launched exciting people initiatives to better our people's experience and we engage with our people to listen to their needs and wants. We have adopted a hybrid working policy that gives our people the flexibility they want and we reward and recognise them well through numerous ways including our extensive benefits package and the way we align our support to match their career goals.
Cluttons is a company with a difference, working on a solid foundation of mutual trust, we are commercially focussed, and business orientated.
We employ over 250 staff in the UK with a fast-growing presence, headquartered in London and serving a wide range of clients. We have established a strong track record and reputation as the ‘partner with a purpose’ to help each client get the most out of their property.
Through our network of offices in the UK, we offer a wide range of property services including consultancy, management, investment and commercial agency, residential sales & lettings.
Management of a portfolio of private landlord rental properties, delivering services in line with our Cluttons values and guiding principles.
The Property Manager is responsible for ensuring that the properties stay in good condition and remain compliant with legislation and best practice. Property Managers have many different day-to-day responsibilities, such as managing all aspects of the properties they manage, client and tenant liaison, making sure that the needs of the property are met, and maintaining a high standard of professionalism across every property.
- To undertake the day-to-day management of a designated portfolio of properties
- Work with the branch to prepare properties for a new tenancies/renewal of tenancies
- Supervise tenants’ maintenance requests including liaising with contractors, preparing specifications, tendering, and supervising works where necessary
- Oversee refurbishment and other larger works as necessary, including pre and post tenancy work
- Ensure properties meet their regulatory and statutory requirements and ensure that all health and safety audit documentation is up to date
- Visit properties at least twice a year, completing an inspection report and recording information on health and safety matters
- Negotiate, instruct, and manage the swift return of deposits
- Authorise and approve invoices for payment being satisfied that the works or supply represented by the invoice has been properly incurred
- Arranging payment for service charge and ground rent invoices
- Monitor tenant debtors and ensure appropriate steps are taken to pursue debtors
- Ensure the maintenance and updating of the computerised property records system
- Deliver excellent customer service and communication
- Build trusted relationships with colleagues, landlords and tenants
- Maintain partnerships with suppliers and contractors to ensure best pricing and quality service
- Able to serve section 21, 8, 48 notices with prescribed information as and when required
- Seek opportunities to increase revenue for the department and spotting any cross-selling opportunities that will benefit the company as a whole
- Lettings Property Management experience is essential
- ARLA or IRPM qualified (desirable)
- Educated to A-level standard (or equivalent) or qualified by experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and maintain appropriate professional boundaries
- Ability to prioritise workload and work effectively in a high-pressured environment
- Ability to deal with difficult situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Close attention to detail
- A proficiency in the use of MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong team ethic, with the proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team or independently with individuals at all levels
- Working on own initiative without close supervision and as part of a team
- Working flexibly in responding to the varying demands of the role in order to achieve agreed outcomes
- Hybrid working - to give you the flexibility you need
- Holidays: 25 days increasing in line with length of service to a maximum of 30 days
- Enhanced auto enrolment pension scheme - to help you save for the future
- Life assurance - to protect your loved ones should the worst happen
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme - discounted bicycles
- Flu and eye care vouchers - to keep you healthy
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 health & wellbeing support
- Help@Hand Remote GP app - to give you and your family access to medical experts quickly
- Platform hosting 1000s of discounts at your favourite retailers, restaurants, supermarkets, leisure & days out venues, gyms and more
- Family & wellbeing policy - including enhanced maternity pay, menopause support, neurodiversity support, carer support, company sick pay and much more
- Purchasing up to 5 days additional holiday
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted dental insurance
- Discounted private medical insurance for family cover
- Discounted critical health insurance and more