Surveyor/Senior surveyor – Commercial Valuations & Consultancy
We are a business with exciting sustainable growth plans over the next few years looking for amazing people who want to grow along with us. We are a business that values our people. We've launched exciting people initiatives to better our people's experience and we engage with our people to listen to their needs and wants. We are proud of our flexible approach to work and offer a hybrid set up where your home location in or around the outer London area should not be a barrier to undertaking this role – we are flexible on where you work, noting that you need to spend time in our London office, and to be able to service our clients.
Cluttons is a company with a difference, working on a solid foundation of mutual trust, we are commercially focussed, and business orientated. We employ over 230 staff in the UK with a fast-growing presence, serving a wide range of clients. We have established a strong track record and reputation in helping each client get the most out of their property. Through our network of offices in the UK, we offer a wide range of property services including consultancy, management, investment and commercial agency, residential sales & lettings.
A great opportunity exists for an experienced commercial property valuer, looking for a position with the potential to progress. You will be based in our new and refurbished West End offices close to Marble Arch.
The role will predominantly involve providing advice over a wide variety of investment property classes, acting for a range of clients from institutional pension funds, investment fund managers, high net worth individuals and family estates. There will also be the opportunity to undertake loan security valuations, purchase advisory, tax and other ad hoc valuations..
Cluttons have a strong reputation for consultancy and advisory work, and an impressive client list, who have recently provided excellent independent feedback on our service, with metrics well above industry benchmarks. It’s a great place to work, with a strong reputation for quality service and remains an independent partnership.
Furthermore, there will be opportunities to network with clients and potential new clients through a variety of different functions.
- Directly involved with the growth of the commercial valuation business
- Ability to lead on the valuation of portfolios reporting directly to clients
- High quality presentation skills, with the ability to present information accurately and succinctly both orally and in reports
- Ability to reach firm and justifiable conclusions on values for work undertaken by yourself and other members of the team
- Ability to work independently with minimal peer review
- Ability to deal with several instructions at the same time efficiently and effectively
- Deliver fee income commensurate with role.
- Member of the RICS (MRICS/FRICS)
- RICS Registered Valuer
- Driving licence
- Either just qualified or up to 3 years PQE
- Demonstrable depth of experience in undertaking commercial valuation work across the UK
- Proven record in valuation of a wide range of commercial property in a number of sectors
- Experience of direct reporting to clients with good client satisfaction results
- Good working knowledge of principal valuation software packages, including Argus Enterprise, Argus Developer and Capitalisation, and KEL Sigma & Developer
- Experience of enhancing business performance through use of technology (PropTech), smart working processes, and developing new business initiatives that have led to growth and profitability
- Established personal market profile with a range of clients, business and professional network
- Track record of being an active new business generator
- Fully conversant with up to date RICS Valuation - Professional Standards and financial reporting standards for UK GAAP and IFRS for valuations
- Full Driving licence
- Team player
- Holidays: 25 – increase in line with length of service to a maximum of 30 days
- Enhanced Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flu and Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
Plus Flexible benefits as below
- Policy that allows you to pick and choose additional benefits including purchasing 5 days additional holiday
- Discounted Gym membership
- Dental Insurance
- Travel Insurance