The Garrick Club is one of the West End’s most historic and prestigious private Gentlemen’s clubs.
Cluttons has been appointed to provide project & cost management services for the comprehensive refurbishment of the Grade II* Garrick Club for their Masterplan Project.
The multi-phased works, all carried out whilst the Club remains open to its members, will create new members’ facilities, improve access and circulation, new private dining suites and nine additional bedrooms.
Cluttons are responsible for:
- managing all aspects of the project, including establishing the project brief and the project team
- managing the planning & listed building consent process
- contractor selection, tender and appointment
- supervising the complex construction activities on site including acting as contract administrator
How we helped
The project posed many challenges to the club, its operations and its members. We have worked closely with the club and carried out detailed logistical planning to ensure that the major construction works are carried out in a manner that enables the members to continue to enjoy the club’s facilities whilst the works are being carried out.
- Our input provided solutions including:
- a detailed operational assessment identifying the Club’s critical operational activities
- outlining a preferred construction programme & phasing, addressing the significant access challenges
- a comprehensive procurement review
- managing enabling works contracts
- preparing and negotiating Party Wall awards