Helping acquiring authorities and claimants to navigate complexity
Our dedicated compulsory purchase and compensation team have a wealth of experience in advising acquiring authorities and claimants on compulsory purchase, compensation, and strategic land assembly.
Whether an acquiring authority looking to delivery regeneration or vital infrastructure for public good, we can advise on the promotion and implementation of Compulsory Purchase Orders (CPO) and support the Development Consent Order (DCO) process from a land and property CPO aspect.
Compulsory purchase can be a complex and confusing process with a limited number of experienced full-time specialist consultants in the UK.
Through many years of experience, Cluttons are able to deal with the full spectrum of work when your land or property is impacted by compulsory purchase.
If you are an acquiring authority wanting to use a CPO, Transport and Works Act Order or DCO then we are able to work in partnership throughout the project life cycle to provide the best opportunity to ensure project delivery with emphasis on overcoming land assembly issues, compensation estimates and implementation of powers.
Acquiring authority services include:
- Land assembly – development and implementation of acquisition strategy
- Grantor liaison
- Price cost estimates for acquiring land and property for scheme
- Landowner and statutory consultation
- Negotiation of access to land and property
- Negotiation of option and pre powers agreements
- Compensation claims
- Negotiation of land rights
- Expert witness
- Town planning support
- Embedded (seconded staff)
- Lands project management and expertise for projects following development consent order and CPO process.
If you are a claimant effected by compulsory purchase our team will give you straightforward advice based on our expertise and in depth understanding of the compulsory purchase process, case law and compensation provisions.
Our team will work with you throughout the process from initial public consultation to final compensation settlement, all with the aim of ensuring you receive straightforward, timely and tailored advice which protects your interests and ensures you receive fair compensation.
Claimant services include:
- Securing fee undertakings from acquiring authorities
- Accommodation works
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Blight claims
- Business relocation
- Development value (CAAD)
- Diminution in value of retained land
- Disturbance compensation
- Easements and wayleaves
- Expert witness
- Fee undertakings
- Market valuations
- Managing the relocation of your business
- Marriage value
- Ransom strip negotiations
- Respond to statutory notices
- Sale by agreement
- Submit objections