Senior Building Surveyor
We are a business with exciting sustainable growth plans over the next few years looking for amazing people who want to grow along with us.
We value our people. We've launched exciting people initiatives to better our people's experience and we engage with our people to listen to their needs and wants. We are proud of our flexible approach to work and offer a hybrid set up where your home location in or around the outer London area should not be a barrier to undertaking this role – we are flexible on where you work, noting that you need to spend time in our London office, and to be able to service our clients.
Cluttons is a company with a difference, working on a solid foundation of mutual trust, we are commercially focussed, and business orientated. We employ over 230 staff in the UK with a fast-growing presence, serving a wide range of Clients. We have established a strong track record and reputation as the ‘Partner with a purpose’ to help each Client get the most out of their property.
Through our network of offices in the UK, we offer a wide range of property services including consultancy, management, investment and commercial agency, residential sales & lettings. We embrace and are passionate about our values in everything we do: Collaboration, Drive, Fascination, Challenge and Community.
We are seeking a Senior Building Surveyor to join the London Building Surveying team based at our Portman House head office. There will be a strong emphasis on core traditional building surveying duties for project work across multiple sectors, as well as a full range of professional work and working on a variety of client accounts.
- Deliver fee income commensurate with role
- Assist with the development of new building consultancy opportunities
- Contribute to the management of the client base to deliver financial goals
- Working within the building surveying team to provide the core building surveying services with a bias towards contract administration of refurbishment work on all types of property
- Comply with Cluttons’ policies and management systems
- Provide accurate management information to the Partner(s) as required
- Contribute to Graduate development
- Degree level
- Driving licence
- Demonstrable record of exceptional delivery and track record in building consultancy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technical and complex subjects clearly and concisely to clients
- Good presentation skills and experience of being directly client facing
- Ability to work as part of a very client focused team
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary business with internal teams and stakeholders alongside external clients
- Excellent technical competence across the full range of building consultancy service lines
- Holidays: 25 – increase in line with length of service to a maximum of 30 days
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flu and Eye Care Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
Plus Flexible benefits as below
- Policy that allows you to pick and choose additional benefits including purchasing 5 days additional holiday
- Discounted Gym membership
- Dental Insurance
- Travel Insurance