Our corporate responsibility encompasses the way we do business, our people, our clients, our community and charitable support and the environment around us and sustainability issues.
Cluttons’ corporate responsibility encompasses the way we do business, our people, our clients, our community and charitable support and the environment around us and sustainability issues.
Our commitment to corporate responsibility is underpinned by our core values of agility, integrity, and innovation and through our aim for continuous improvement in our economic, social and environmental performance.
Our people and our clients
We will foster a responsible culture amongst our employees and all those that work with us and aim for the highest standards of corporate behaviour and integrity. This requires strong leadership, clear governance and effective communication to staff of the expectations we have of them and their contribution to these aims.
The shareholders meet and discuss the corporate responsibility strategy quarterly and the board receives regular monthly updates. The managing partner receives regular updates on corporate responsibility performance, assesses future risks and opportunities, develops our strategy in this area and is responsible for disseminating this to all employees. Accountability for managing operating risks is clearly assigned to line management.
Formal risk assessments are carried out routinely within our offices throughout the UK. Significant risks are escalated to senior management and the board, as necessary.
Corporate responsibility leadership is provided by a cross-functional committee of senior executives, chaired by our managing partner. Members of the corporate responsibility action group are drawn from across the business, which ensures that corporate responsibility is at the heart of our daily operations and this is communicated effectively across the firm.
Our remit includes:
- assessing risks
- developing corporate responsibility strategy
- reviewing our social, ethical and environmental policies and practices
- encouraging best practice throughout the business
- identifying opportunities to improve the effectiveness and sustainability of the business
- reviewing, agreeing, monitoring and reporting on our corporate social responsibility key performance indicators (KPIs)
- increasing internal awareness of corporate responsibility
- improving stakeholder communication and engagement
Charitable and community support
Through Cluttons’ charitable foundation, we provide an active programme of charitable support aimed at as well as supporting other charities dear to our employees and clients.
Our community support is equally varied and diverse. Partners and staff are actively engaged in a wide-ranging programme of community support for schools, professional bodies and where we can use our expertise to contribute to the efforts and livelihood of others.
We have a clear and comprehensive environmental policy, which includes our commitments to:
- comply with the spirit, as well as the letter of all applicable environmental legislation, approved codes of practice and any other requirements not codified by law to which we subscribe
- co-operate fully and maintain open relationships with all regulatory authorities
- comply with all of the environmental requirements of the firm’s clients
- continually improve the environmental sustainability of our operations by reducing negative environmental impacts and enhancing positive impacts wherever reasonably practicable
These commitments will be achieved, wherever practicable, by:
- minimising our contribution to climate change by reducing the use of all raw materials, energy, water, and supplies
- preventing pollution of the environment including minimising releases to air, land, and water
- implementing a waste management hierarchy to minimise the quantity of waste produced
- reducing the need for business travel and otherwise encouraging the use of more sustainable forms of transport
- providing environmental progress and performance updates to employees, clients, and other interested stakeholders
- ensuring that all employees, persons, and organisations working on our behalf are familiar with our policy
- expecting similar environmental standards from all suppliers and contractors
Our commitment to sustainable development is underpinned by our core values mentioned above and is reflected in the specific objectives we seek to achieve in our corporate responsibility programme.
Cluttons complies fully with all legal obligations regarding our operation. Our aim is to ensure that projects under our control are managed in a way that incorporates and assesses their impact on the environment.
Cluttons has implemented an Environmental Management System (EMS) which measures, monitors and sets targets for the reduction of our significant environmental impacts. We employ procedures that minimise resource use and seek to utilise sustainable materials wherever possible. We are committed to increasing staff awareness through training and regular updates.
Cluttons corporate responsibility policy statement
Cluttons is committed to achieving and maintaining high standards of corporate responsibility in its business activities.
- aim for the highest standard of corporate behaviour
- carry out our business according to high ethical standards
- provide our clients with a high standard of service
- become an employer of choice
- improve our environmental performance
- positively contribute to the communities in which we operate
- establish processes for managing our corporate responsibilities
- establish targets, monitor and measure performance
- embed the corporate responsibility programme into our wider management systems
- engage and report back to stakeholders regularly
- review annually